Can't move Robot with Web GUI and rosbridge

Kim Nguyen

Jan 9, 2018, 2:32:41 PM1/9/18
to ros-by-example
I followed the instruction from ROSBRIDGE : BUILDING A WEB GUI FOR YOUR ROBOT in the book. I downloaded the code and package relate robot_gui.html. I got to the point that can bring the GUI through robot server, but it can't move or do anything. Here is the step that I have done:

1. I paste all the source code as it is instructed in the book include robot_gui.html, tabs/main.html, navigation.html, diagnostics.html, parameter.html, misc.html, js/robot.gui.js, styles/robot_gui.css
 to /var/www/html in the robot. My robot is Ridgeback from Clearpath, and my ros version is Indigo. I install apache2 as web server.
  sudo apt-get install apache2

2. In the robot terminal, i ran Rosbridge.

roslaunch rosbridge_server rosbridge_websocket.launch

3.In other robot terminal, i ran
rosrun tf2_web_republisher tf2_web_republisher

4. In web browser, I typed in ip address of my robot and it appeared the Web Interface, but it didn't move or respond to anything

Anyone have any advices on how to check if the code actually running and how to fix it? thank you

I ran command rostopic echo /cmd_vel and it give this output

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Kim Nguyen

Jan 10, 2018, 11:21:00 AM1/10/18
to ros-by-example
Quick update from my question, I checked the console log from the web browser and it indicated that "WebSocket connection is fail.." . Any advice for this bug ?

Tim Murphy

Jan 10, 2018, 8:19:12 PM1/10/18
to ros-by-example
Does the robot work without using Web GUI and rosbridge?

On Jan 10, 2018 11:21 AM, "Kim Nguyen" <susan.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
Quick update from my question, I checked the console log from the web browser and it indicated that "WebSocket connection is fail.." . Any advice for this bug ?

Kim Nguyen

Jan 11, 2018, 11:11:27 AM1/11/18
to ros-by-example
Yes, the robot works with the joystick and run fine without the GUI web and rosbridge