Problems about the maps on RVIZ

codec...@gmail.com

May 13, 2017, 8:14:53 PM5/13/17
to ros-by-example
Here is a question I post on ROS wiki: rviz,can it be solved?

Patrick Goebel

May 14, 2017, 10:31:19 AM5/14/17
to ros-by-...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

As you suspected, your map's image size is probably too big for the hardware you are running ROS on.  The issue is not RViz but the navigation stack and processing the costmap on that many pixels (2048 x 2048).  The typical solution is to bring your map up in an editor and reduce its size.  At the same time, you will reduce the resolution value in the corresponding .yaml file for your map.

For example, if your 2048x2048 map has a resolution of 0.01 (one centimeter per pixel), in the .yaml file, try scaling the .png file to 512 x 512 pixels and setting the resolution to 0.04 in the .yaml file.

--patrick

The Pi Robot Project
http://www.pirobot.org/wordpress

codec...@gmail.com

May 14, 2017, 11:42:47 PM5/14/17
to ros-by-example
Really thanks.This problem has been solved with reduce the size of the map using PS.谢谢!

在 2017年5月14日星期日 UTC+8下午10:31:19,Pi Robot写道:

codec...@gmail.com

May 15, 2017, 12:03:24 AM5/15/17
to ros-by-example
Hi,sorry to bother you.I change the `robot_radius` of `rbx1_nav/config/fake`to 0.10,but it seems that the robot radius of turtlebot doesn't change.

在 2017年5月14日星期日 UTC+8下午10:31:19,Pi Robot写道:

Hello,

Patrick Goebel

May 17, 2017, 8:54:40 AM5/17/17
to ros-by-...@googlegroups.com

Changing the robot_radius parameter in the costmap_common_params.yaml file will not change how the robot appears in RViz.  The robot_radius parameter simply changes the value that move_base uses in its costmap calculations.  To change the actual appearance of the Turtlebot in RViz, you have to edit the Turtlebot's URDF/Xacro file and since the Turtlebot model uses a mesh for the body, you would have to scale the mesh in a program like Meshlab.

If you just want to see the effective radius in RViz, add a Polygon display and subscribe to either the local or global footprint topic.

--patrick