Search two entities from the same search bar using Solr

shivendr...@gmail.com

May 4, 2013, 4:57:39 PM5/4/13
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
I am wondering if there is a way to search two entities say a user and a product from the same search field. Much like google+ n facebook where you can search for something and the result you get is from users, pages, businesses etc.

As far as my use case goes, I want other users to be able to search other users and look at all the reviews those particular users have written, all in one place.

One approach I considered was to make a search controller and route the search requests from there sequentially first to products and then to users. Count the no. of results in both ( or sort by relevance or some other parameter) and display the result.

Dave

May 4, 2013, 5:07:05 PM5/4/13
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com, shivendr...@gmail.com