Is ActiveMerchant payment flow flxible enough in RoR-eCommerce?

Roman Mirr

Jun 18, 2015, 10:19:30 AM6/18/15
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm wonder whether payment flow in RoR-E is flexible enough for processing with PayPal Website Payments Standard (WPS)?
According to payment flow with this method, customer will be redirected to PayPal where he/she enters payment details, then after processing PayPal sends IPN notification to merchant's web-site.
This way merchant's web-site will be fully compliant to PCI DSS security standard and customers' data doesn't pass to merchant while data stay in safe place.

As far as I can see from code in repository, payment flow is quite hard-coded for use with AuthorizeNetCimGateway. Or I miss something?

Can you estimate how much time requires integration of WPS into RoR-E?

N.B. This is my first experience with RoR-E and ActiveMerchant as well. Yet I have experience in development of various payment gateways not using ActiveMerchant.

David Henner

Jun 18, 2015, 2:23:52 PM6/18/15
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
It is hard coded for ActiveMerchant but any gateway is easily configurable.
I think even Paypal has a gateway that doesn't go through Paypal's UI.  That said going through the paypal specific UI would involve several changes.  I'd need to investigate a bit more but I'd say this would be about a week of work for someone familiar with the data modeling & paypal's flow.

BTW When I say a week I am including QA and bug fixes.

rome...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2015, 5:09:35 AM6/21/15
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reply, Dave.

Since checkout page contains form for filling credit card details instead it need to be changed for redirection to PayPal. Then additional "landing" pages are required: one for successful payment and another for failed.
I'll go to see code to figure out best way to do that.

David Henner

Jun 21, 2015, 3:34:12 PM6/21/15
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
Also you have to worry about address validations.  Paypal will won't always send back required fields so you have to change the validations or just store them on paypal and hence remove the requirement for the completed order