Marketplace Application

Christopher Chan

Sep 19, 2012, 6:15:07 PM9/19/12
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I've been tinkering around with Spree for the past 3 weeks trying to understand the code and build a custom marketplace application on top of it.  I'm at a point now where I'm reevaluating my decision to use Spree in the first place.  I haven't had a chance to go through the code yet but it sounds straightforward from what I've been reading.

I'm wondering if anyone had built a marketplace application on top of ror_ecommerce and if there are any reference sites I can check out.  Specifically, I'm looking to introduce supplier functionality where there are many sellers for the same product.  I plan to go through the code tonight.  Any references or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

David Henner

Sep 19, 2012, 6:40:14 PM9/19/12
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

Where are you located?  I'd love to get on a phone call with you.  I'm not sure if your business model has been tried for ror-e.

Dave

Christopher Chan

Sep 19, 2012, 7:24:02 PM9/19/12
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

Sure thing.  I'm in Seattle, when's a good time to call?

Chris

David Henner

Sep 19, 2012, 7:54:55 PM9/19/12
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
Tonight I'll be pretty busy.  I have no problem talking at 10PM if that isn't too late though.

Otherwise, Lets talk tomorrow after 6:30PM.

Dave

Christopher Chan

Sep 19, 2012, 8:44:41 PM9/19/12
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com

Pretty busy tomorrow. Tonight it is!

David Henner

Sep 20, 2012, 12:07:58 AM9/20/12
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
Chris...  feel free to call now... i am getting tired

sch...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2014, 9:27:43 AM2/6/14
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave and Chris - did anything come up of this? I am too looking at building a market place...

David

Feb 6, 2014, 11:45:11 AM2/6/14
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com, ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what came of this. I had a former business partner that "was a bit maverick" that worked on this. Long story short I'm guessing it was a bad experience. I heard after I left the guy was charging customers and not doing any work.

That said I do know a couple people making market places out of this project.  I'll send you a link once I get to my computer. (I'm on my iPhone now)

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

David Henner

Feb 6, 2014, 3:26:02 PM2/6/14
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at this

Also this isn't done yet but it is semi-based off ror-e and the guy writing it is awesome:

Dave