Small issues to get around while setting up ror_ecommerce on OS Mavericks

David Gross

Feb 12, 2014, 3:29:04 AM2/12/14
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
 I don't know if everyone has had similar issues setting up ror_ecommerce but I thought I would share some of the ways I got it up and running smoothly.

1. Issues with gem pg and OS mavericks.

 check and make sure you have a version of postgresql in your /opt/local/lib directory. If you don't you can download it using macports.
   fix: sudo port install postgresql93 @9.3.2_1

 Next before using bundle install your pg gem in a format that its pointing to your postgresql file:
   fix: gem install pg -- --with-pg-config=/opt/local/lib/postgresql93/bin/pg_config

2. Connecting to mysql

 I had some issues connecting to mysql2. I often got an error reading,

Couldn't create database for {"adapter"=>"mysql2", "encoding"=>"utf8", "reconnect"=>false, "database"=>"ror_ecommerce_development", "pool"=>5, "username"=>"root", "password"=>"root",        "host"=>"localhost", "socket"=>"/tmp/mysql.sock"}, {:charset=>"utf8", :collation=>"utf8_unicode_ci"}
(If you set the charset manually, make sure you have a matching collation)

  fix:  sudo ln -s /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.18.dylib /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.18.dylib

3. changing mysql database.yml file.

I also changed my database.yml file to read like this, pointing to the socket instead of the host:

fix:
development:
   adapter: mysql2
   encoding: utf8
   database: your_database
   pool: 5
   username: root
   password:
   socket: /tmp/mysql.sock

test:
  adapter: mysql2
  encoding: utf8
  database: your_test
  pool: 5
  username: root
  password:
  socket: /tmp/mysql.sock

By doing this you should be able to pick up your database in sequel pro.

Hope this helps out!

David

Feb 12, 2014, 9:27:35 AM2/12/14
to ror_ec...@googlegroups.com, ror_ec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks David

I'll try to make edits yo the read me/app ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone