Area study groups and project nights

Galia Traub

Jul 30, 2013, 3:19:24 PM7/30/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
Are there other newbie friendly study groups in the area?

Aside from the bostonrb project nights, are there any events for RoR folks to meet up and help other / get help with personal projects? If not, would there be interest in that? Has anyone here gone to the bostonrb project night? If so, how was it?

~Galia

Janet Riley

Aug 10, 2013, 3:45:47 PM8/10/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Galia-

I've gone to the Boston RB project night.  It was fine - some short workshops, and then laptop time.  I got help with a couple problems I ran into, as well as some recommendations for different gems to do the same tasks.

I don't feel I know Ruby well enough to solve problems, but I could muddle through it with you. I program in other languages, so I have a lot of practice unravelling behavior, isolating a trouble spot, and googling for something that fits the symptoms.

My company's office is a couple doors down from the Children's Museum, in walking distance of South Station, and we have good space for meet-ups.  If there were interest in getting together some time, I could arrange it.

Janet

Galia

Aug 12, 2013, 9:38:24 AM8/12/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com, ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
Hi group,
Is there interest in a project night or some kind of activity?

Hi Janet,
Your company's space would be most welcome, assuming there is interest.

I'm not really looking for help, just more looking for a community.  The main RoR group is great, but I'd love to see this community succeed as well.

I ended up working up the courage to go to project night and   It was certainly a good experience. I plan to go to it again next month.

Sent from my iPhone