Hiring "Ruby on rails" Architect for the entertainment industry in NYC.

Shree Kumar

Nov 19, 2012, 3:31:53 PM11/19/12
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
Exciting opportunity to work with a leading Entertainment company in Manhattan, NYC.

The Architect will be responsible for ensuring successful and consistent implementation of standards through code delivered by the Engineering Team. The Architect will also work with others to ensure that all other products and projects are in alignment with theirs.

Ruby on Rails is a Must skill.

Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
  • Implementation of Standards Definitions and Guidelines
  • Implementation of Specifications for APIs/Interfaces and working with RE (QA/Test)
  • Collaborating with Engineering Leads to ensure that Code matches conveyed Standards
  • Estimating Sprint Tasks, Times, and Deliverables with Product Manager and Engineering TeamLeading Daily StandupsHolding Code Reviews with Engineering Leads and Engineer
  • Ensuring Services, Interfaces, and Integrations are consistent
  • Secondary Scrum Master
Required Competencies/Skills:

 Proven experience with Agile (experience with both Scrum and Kanban preferred)
 Experience working with distributed teams including on-shore, near-shore, and off-shore
 Experience coding in JVM based language(s) and Ruby on Rails
 Experience in TDD based Development

Special Requirements/Preferences:

Java Spring or JRuby
SOA, Distributed Systems, Messaging, ESB, or Grid Experience a Plus
Startup experience preferred
Experience Managing SaaS based products is a plus

Education Required/Preferred:

10+ years in software development, with progressively more senior roles
 Bachelors Degree (But not necessarily in Computer Science or related discipline)
email resumes to ruby...@maxpopuli.com

Galia Traub

Nov 19, 2012, 3:36:31 PM11/19/12
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
I am mostly a lurker on this list, but I'm wondering how others feel about these non-boston job postings.  I wouldn't mind job posts for local jobs that come from others within the RoR community, but these seem out of scope for this list.

thoughts?

~Galia