Seeking Front End Developer at PracticallyGreen

Liana

Oct 10, 2012, 1:39:12 PM10/10/12
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

My company PracticallyGreen is hiring a front end developer asap.  Details below.  Please send all inquiries to aaron at practicallygreen dot com

Best,
Liana Leahy

Front-end Engineer

The Pitch

Practically Green is growing rapidly, and we're looking to expand our smart, practical engineering team so we can deliver on our mission to help people live healthier and greener lives. We have built an elegant, beautifully-designed white-label SAAS platform that's currently shaking up the Fortune 500.

Us

We believe that helping people live healthier and greener is a worthwhile cause — and an attractive business opportunity. We have a great sales team, and happy, paying customers. We believe the best way to grow is to hire really good people and give them what they need to execute.

You

We’re looking for doers. You should have experience in building web applications with JavaScript, HTML, and CSS. You have the ability to write solid markup as well as efficient, flexible, and reusable stylesheets. You are comfortable owning a project from start to finish without being managed. You believe in green, and in helping people improve their lives. You are interesting, love to hack on code, and are fun to spend time with. You read carefully, so put karate monkey in the subject of your email. The right candidate will have strong attention to detail, experience with mobile development, experience with Rails, and an impressive portfolio of personal projects.

What you'll be doing

You will be working closely together with our designers and engineers to continually improve our web experience. Our front-end is built with Rails, Haml, Sass, and CoffeeScript. Experience with these technologies isn’t necessary, but willingness and excitement to learn them is!

Please send a note to Aaron Graves, Director of Application Development (aaron@) with your resume, links to your Github repository, sites you've worked on, and how you may be going green in your own life.

We use

Ruby, Rails 3, PostgreSQL, Haml, Sass, jQuery, CoffeeScript, TDD via Minitest, Git, cute pictures of cats, Pivotal Tracker and Heroku.

Compensation

Salary, benefits and equity commesurate with experience.