Boston Ruby Women group

Melissa Xie

Oct 23, 2013, 11:30:46 AM10/23/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

After meeting last night, we've decided to establish a brand new group called Boston Ruby Women.

What is Boston Ruby Women?
* An informal group where we talk about work or anything Ruby
* Members of the group encourage and support each other to participate within the broader community
* Rubyists of any level, whether you've just taken RailsBridge Boston, graduated from dev programs like Launch Academy or Startup Institute, or transitioned from another language. You could even already be using Ruby in the industry!

If you're interested in being a part of this group, please visit this link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/boston-ruby-women.

Or if you have any questions about it, let me know!

Hope to see you all get involved!

-- Melissa

Liana Leahy

Oct 23, 2013, 11:38:56 AM10/23/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
This is very exciting.  I'm looking forward to hanging out with other ruby women!!

Jennifer Konikowski

Oct 23, 2013, 12:06:24 PM10/23/13
to ror-studygroup-...@googlegroups.com
On that note, this is the code I was trying to refer to last night. Missed the symbol :)

>> @str = "This is a string"
=> "This is a string"
>> url = @str
=> "This is a string"