Proposition to make the processes ligher

Sabri Skhiri

Mar 29, 2013, 9:37:08 AM3/29/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
I would to centralized here the ideas about how we can make RoQ processes lighter without loosing the cluster features. After a round of discussion the most relevant ideas will be describe in a more detailed way in the wiki pages.

Let's start!

Sabri Skhiri

Mar 29, 2013, 9:41:30 AM3/29/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
Proposition: OSGI micro container
The idea is to leverage the OSGI feature as:
- service life cycle management
- listener and tracker
- dynamic loading and unloading

I propose to re-write the monitor, the stat monitor, the scaling process and the exchange as OSGI bundles. A RoQServiceFacade will be responsible for Start stop RoQ Components.
When we want to co-locate them on the same micro-container we just call the serviceFacade of the container and we start the element otherwise we launch a new micro-container and we start the corresponding element. The service facade will offer a BSON API.

The GCM will have to keep track of the different micro-container per hosts.

Sabri Skhiri

Apr 1, 2013, 3:43:19 PM4/1/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
In the meantime I have implemented a new feature for letting the user define whether we want to start the Monitor, Scaling process and the statistic monitor in the same VM as the host config Manager.
The configuration file is describe https://github.com/roq-messaging/RoQ/wiki/Configuration-files
This new feature is in the HCM (the 2 last properties).

Best regards !

Sabri.