ZMQ 3.X and JZMQ 2.1 Support and JAVA 7

Sabri Skhiri

Mar 18, 2013, 2:31:04 PM3/18/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
We are going to support
* ZMQ 3.X
* JZMQ 2.1
* JAVA 7

This involves the future update of the Jenkins server. About the code, I have almost finished the migration in a local branch, mainly about:
* Milli second instead of microsecond in polling
* strange behavior with locks
* strange behavior with sleep in @after Junit method.
* some blocking method threads when calling setlinger(0)

I hope finishing for end of this week.

Sabri.

Sabri Skhiri

Mar 19, 2013, 12:01:13 PM3/19/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
The migration is finished.
To do:
* Update of the Jenkins server with ZMQ 3.X and JZMQ
* Check if the RoQStable will still compile with JZMQ 1.0 and ZMQ3.0 it should be OK, my first test on Storm that depends on JZMQ 1.0 and ZMQ 2.X are working fine with ZMQ 3.X the API compatibility is great.

Once the server will be updated we will need to Update the GimmeRoQ.sh (@CDU):
1. Install java 7
2. Install ZMQ 3.X and JZMQ 2.1

I will try to update the Jenkins server this week, please next week we should have our GimmeRoQ.sh, as soon as I update the Jenkins RoQ will not be installable anymore with the old GimmeRoQ.sh.

Sabri.

Jehan Bruggeman

Mar 19, 2013, 12:08:02 PM3/19/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
Nice!

I'll try to give a hand with that if I can this week!

Jehan

Jehan Bruggeman
+32 496 67 43 48

Sabri.

Jehan Bruggeman

Mar 19, 2013, 12:24:48 PM3/19/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
By the way, GimmeRoq is already broken because we renamed the jenkins job from RoQ to RoQNightly

 (it's my fault, so I'll correct it).

Jehan

Jehan Bruggeman
+32 496 67 43 48

Cyrille Duverne

Mar 19, 2013, 12:48:50 PM3/19/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I might be able to work on that on thursday night.

Cheers
CyD

Jehan Bruggeman

Mar 19, 2013, 1:48:24 PM3/19/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
btw, the upgrade to zmq3 will most probably also break roq-backend.

Jehan

Jehan Bruggeman
+32 496 67 43 48

Jehan Bruggeman

Mar 20, 2013, 7:12:34 AM3/20/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

I pushed some small fixes to GimmeRoQ so that it's not currently broken. Still needs to be upgraded to use RoQStable and jzmq2 / zmq3

Jehan Bruggeman
+32 496 67 43 48

Cyrille Duverne

Mar 20, 2013, 8:58:05 AM3/20/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
Yes, will be done tomorrow.

Do we have a RoQ night or not ?

Cheers
CyD

2013/3/20 Jehan Bruggeman <jehanbr...@gmail.com>

--
Cyrille Duverne
Vice Président & Responsable Jeunes

Sabri Skhiri

Mar 20, 2013, 12:13:30 PM3/20/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

The Jenkins server is now updated with JZMQ 2.1 and ZMQ 3.X.
Next steps to do:
1. Update GimmeRoq.sh
2. Release on Master in order to have a master branch 3.X compliant.

Sabri.

Sabri Skhiri

Mar 20, 2013, 1:29:29 PM3/20/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
FYI, the running ZMQ version on the server is the ZMQ 3.2.3.

Sabri.

Sabri Skhiri

Mar 23, 2013, 7:48:46 AM3/23/13
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
Once the GimmeRoQ.sh is updated, we will be able to push on Master the stable release 0.2-Marina. Everything else is ready !

Sabri.