Auto scaling & next steps

Sabri Skhiri

Dec 7, 2012, 2:01:47 AM12/7/12
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

The auto scaling process has been finished this morning !! The tests have been written to validate the implementation and the documentation describing the key features and the High level architecture are now finished (https://github.com/roq-messaging/RoQ/wiki/Auto-Scaling-configuration).

So now we can have a simple scaling policy that only provision exchange on available hosts, without running in a dynamic and elastic cloud environment or we can have a cloud dedicated policy that will provision VM as soon as we reach the host limit. That is quite flexible !

Next steps:
1. Preparing the load test: based on the Nam's work, updating the performance tests for validating the exchange creation and the scaling + any other memory leak in ZMQ layer.
2. Preparing the VM image and the startup script and the JAVA driver API for RoQ.
3. Finding a way to notify the driver libs when the host machine is up and running.

That sounds like a RoQ hack night isn't it !!!

Sabri.

Jehan Bruggeman

Dec 7, 2012, 7:29:02 AM12/7/12
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
It does :-).

My calendar's a mess. I'll let others choose a date and try to join in!

Jehan

Cyrille Duverne

Dec 7, 2012, 8:56:50 AM12/7/12
to roq-me...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'll be on holidays from 21st December to 2nd January
Until then, my calendar is awful but let's go...

Cheers

Cyrille

2012/12/7 Jehan Bruggeman <jehanbr...@gmail.com>

--