Has this group moved?

瀏覽次數:64 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Troy Holland

未讀,
2018年6月10日 凌晨2:28:062018/6/10
收件者:rootsdev
Howdy,

Has this group moved somewhere else? I'm keen to start contributing to some open source genealogy projects. Where is the best place to start? Anyone need any help?

Cheers,
Troy

Pat Reynolds

未讀,
2018年6月10日 清晨6:50:422018/6/10
收件者:root...@googlegroups.com
Hello Troy,

We are open to volunteers at Free UK Genealogy - have a look at our page  (https://www.freeukgenealogy.org.uk/about/volunteer/) and see if anything sparks your interest.  We are the charity behind FreeBMD, FreeCEN and FreeREG.

Best wishes,

Pat

--

---

- -
Dr Pat Reynolds
Executive Director
Free UK Genealogy
A Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered in England and Wales, number 1167484
VAT registration: 233 0105 70

Westwood House,Westwood, Scarborough YO11 2JD, UK

Curtis Delicata

未讀,
2018年6月10日 清晨7:23:412018/6/10
收件者:rootsdev
Hello Troy,

I have started an open source genealogy processor and family tree management system on GitHub. It is a web application written in PHP using Laravel and Vue. The structure is working but it still needs a lot of work on the interface and features.

It is licensed under MIT.

Regards,
Curtis

Dovy Paukstys

未讀,
2018年6月10日 上午11:18:322018/6/10
收件者:rootsdev
I'm working on all the browser plugins for http://recordseek.com/ .  Just trying to finish up Safari and Edge if you wanted to help with that.  :)

Louis Kessler

未讀,
2018年6月10日 上午11:24:012018/6/10
收件者:root...@googlegroups.com

Curtis,

Your Public Demo page requires a login to access it.

Louis

--

---

Curtis Delicata

未讀,
2018年6月10日 上午11:34:232018/6/10
收件者:rootsdev
Your correct, sorry.

password

Troy Holland

未讀,
2018年6月11日 凌晨3:53:282018/6/11
收件者:rootsdev
Thanks everyone, I'll take a look around.

First up, could someone please add me to the rootsdev GitHub group? I haven't used GitHub before, so I'm trying to find my way around. I've made a change to the genscrape code (on my local machine) and I'm trying to work out how I commit the change. I assume I can't do it because I'm not in the rootsdev group?

Cheers,
Troy

Brooke Ganz

未讀,
2018年6月11日 下午4:06:042018/6/11
收件者:rootsdev
Invite sent!  :-)

- Brooke

Tom Morris

未讀,
2018年6月11日 下午6:30:452018/6/11
收件者:root...@googlegroups.com
Not that I'm trying to discourage growing the community, but typically what one would do with a newcomer to an open source project is suggest that they:
  1. Fork the project into their own Github account https://github.com/rootsdev/genscrape/network
  2. Create a feature branch for the changes that they want to make
  3. Make changes on that branch in their own repo
  4. Submit a Pull Request asking that those changes be accepted by the project and merged into the main repo https://github.com/rootsdev/genscrape/pulls
This allows the core developers who are more familiar with the project to review the contributions of the newcomer. When the core team is comfortable that the developer understands the standards and processes of the project, then they are typically granted full commit rights.

Not all open source projects work that way, but the vast majority do.

Tom

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 4:06 PM Brooke Ganz <aspar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Invite sent!  :-)

- Brooke

Troy Holland

未讀,
2018年6月11日 下午6:48:362018/6/11
收件者:root...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, thanks for the advice Tom. Like I said, I've never used GitHub, so I wasn't sure how the process worked. I was certainly going to create a branch and submit a pull request, I just thought I had to do this in the same repository.

Cheers,
Troy

Troy Holland

未讀,
2018年6月14日 凌晨12:54:172018/6/14
收件者:rootsdev
Hi Dovy,

Sources are something I'm quite passionate about, so I'd like to help with this if possible. I've installed the extension and it looks really good. Where is all the source code? I've found you on GitHub, but can't find the repo.

Cheers,
Troy
回覆所有人
回覆作者