Reclaim The Records wins access to the NYC marriage index, 1930-1995

Brooke Ganz

Aug 6, 2016, 12:43:27 AM8/6/16
to rootsdev
And you'll be pleased to hear that the majority of this data (the 1950-1995 section) is going to be provided to us in an already-transcribed format, a CSV! Can't wait to see what everyone does with the raw data.  I know I've already got all kinds of ideas: a Twitter bot that auto-tweets Happy Anniversary messages, tracking different ethnic surname match-ups to crudely measure rising intermarriage rates, graphing the most common male-female given name pairs in married couples and how that changed over time, and so on.

I gave Roots-Dev a shoutout in our newsletter, too.  :-)

- Brooke

Colin Spencer

Aug 6, 2016, 2:13:51 AM8/6/16
to rootsdev
Brooke

Another great result, well done.

todd.d....@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2016, 12:42:40 AM8/9/16
to Rootsdev
Brooke,

Fabulous news! This is an important project.

--

---

Tod Robbins
Digital Asset Manager, MLIS