Job: Ruby Developer - Free UK Genealogy

Pat Reynolds

Sep 7, 2016, 6:19:54 AM9/7/16
to rootsdev
Dear everyone,

We are looking for a Ruby on Rails / Mongodb developer to join us at ​
Free UK Genealogy, a charity which supports volunteer transcription projects
​. We
  • run and enhance FreeBMD, FreeCEN and FreeREG
    ​,​

  • support the development of Open Source tools to support community transcription of historical documents
    ​,​
     and
  • promote making family and wider history records available under Open Data formats.
This is a newly created role, bringing extra capacity to Free UK Genealogy at a time of change. There will be opportunity to train and support new volunteers.
You will be working as part of a small team of permanent staff members, contracted and volunteer developers, and volunteers in many management and support roles.  We all work from home (we have no offices).  The salaried staff all are based in the UK, but contractors and volunteers live around the world.

Home working, full time, 18 month contract with possibility of extension.  Up to £28,000 p/a, with generous leave, and pension from July 2017. Please note closure date: Monday 19th September, noon.

Please see ​
http://www.freeukgenealogy.org.uk/blog/2016/09/05/ruby-developer/ for details.

With best wishes,

Pat
- -
Dr Pat Reynolds
Executive Director
Free UK Genealogy
A charity registered in England and Wales, number 1096940, transitioning to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered in England and Wales, number 1167484
VAT registration: 233 0105 70