ROOTCON 5 Hackers For Charity Official Activity

Methadone

Mar 5, 2011, 2:09:12 AM3/5/11
to ROOTCON
Hackers For Charity didn't just appear out of the blue. It's been a
many-year process that began with Johnny and Jen Long's various trips
to Africa in 2006 through 2008. Over time, their passion for the
plight of the vulnerable in East Africa demanded that they either back
away from the work or embrace it fully. The decision was obvious: they
would take the next step in the path laid before them. That's why,
starting on June 15, 2009, Johnny, his wife and four children are
relocating to Jinja, Uganda for one year to partner with AOET. (via
HackersForCharity.org)

ROOTCON like any other hacker conference will be contributing to
Hackers For Charity. There will be a Hackers For Charity booth during
the CON, that has loads of goodies. All proceeds will go to Hackers
For Charity "donate and get linked" and our own local charity. Hackers
For Charity made it to the official activities list for ROOTCON 5

The ROOTCON way to contribute

1. Bring those old hardware, books and tech gadgets.(will be sent to
our local charity here in the country).
2. Buy the Node Zero Linux PenTest CD(specially crafted for ROOTCON
5). (proceeds will go to local charity).
3. Limited Hackers For Charity t-shirt. (proceeds will go to HFC's
donate and link).
4. Contact us if you want to host a Hackers For Charity swags.
5. Support the Long Journey to Africa (via HackersForCharity.org)

Thanks to

Our friends at Node Zero Linux for an awesome penetration testing
distro and customized ISO image specially crafted for ROOTCON 5.

Our friends at GEEKPH for producing the Hackers For Charity t-shirt.

For more info: http://www.rootcon.org/xml/rootcon5/
For Interaction: http://forum.rootcon.org

Spread the word and invite your friends to subscribe to ROOTCON Google
Groups roo...@googlegroups.com