ROOTCON 5 First 3 Tracks

1 view

Methadone

Mar 14, 2011, 7:26:29 PM3/14/11
to ROOTCON
Here we go, our first 3 tracks to be presented at ROOTCON 5

1. LockPicking: Fingering Locks For Fun

Our very own Jolly Mongrel is back with new lockpick tricks and
presentation. This presentation is intended to educate and describe
the inner workings of common lock mechanisms, methods useful to
manipulate locks owned by or under full control of the person taking
part of this con, and means to protect themselves from intruders
possessing bypass techniques contained herein. The presenter/author
makes no claims as to the accuracy of the following information, nor
endorses or encourages activities of malevolent intent.

2. Quantifying Patch Management

Patch Management is one of those security initiatives that are hard to
sell to Management. The saying "Can't Live with It, Can't Live without
It.", makes it even tougher to sell with IT Systems Administrators.
The question is "How do we Information Security Administrators
quantify Patch Management?"

3. ROOTCON 101

Attending ROOTCON? Well, get to know ROOTCON's awesomeness by
attending the ROOTCON 101 track, don't be convinced with all bullshit
you heard about ROOTCON, those are icing on top of the cake. ROOTCON
101 explains the very essence of ROOTCON, how they operate, what to
expect from attending the CON, and how to achieve awesomeness while at
the CON.

For more info about ROOTCON 5 Tracks:
http://www.rootcon.org/xml/rootcon5/tracks

For more info: http://www.rootcon.org/xml/rootcon5/
For Interaction: http://forum.rootcon.org

Spread the word and invite your friends to subscribe to ROOTCON Google
Groups roo...@googlegroups.com