Roadmap?

Ned Wolpert

Jul 3, 2007, 4:43:46 PM7/3/07
to Rools Users
Folks-

Is there a roadmap of features and/or plans for Rools? Is there on-
going development for the project?
Thanks, Ned

Pat Cappelaere

Jul 3, 2007, 4:57:50 PM7/3/07
to rools...@googlegroups.com
Ned,

Thanks for your interest. Are you looking for some specific features?

There is on-going development for Rools. Rools is a critical component of
an open source Ruby Business Process Management System.
The Workflow Engine is OpenWFERu
The user interface will be using XForms (FormFaces until FireFox supports it
natively)
I am currently developing a workflow GUI based on Flex/Rails... Then we will
integrate all the components...in a seamless package.
I hope this helps.
Feel free to jump in :)
Pat.

Ned Wolpert

Jul 3, 2007, 5:21:18 PM7/3/07
to rools...@googlegroups.com
Really what I'm looking for is a Ruby rules engine that has active
development. There seems to be a bunch out there, but I'd rather not
start using one if no one else is.

Features wise, I've just started looking at rools so I'd have nothing
concrete. I'm used to backwards chaining from my days of using Jess
and Ilog, but that's not really a requirement for me currently. Right
now, the biggest thing's may not be feature requests, but my own
understanding of best practices and 'Rools', such as storing rules
between runs, perhaps with their current 'facts' if that's possible.
And how to delete a single facts rather then all facts from an
existing rule engine.

I'd like to see if its possible to use one RuleEngine with one set of
rules and have different threads running, each with their own groups
of facts at the same time... but that really is intended for a
multi-processor multi-threaded environment and unless I'm in JRuby,
that's not going to happen anyways...

I have to think more about the architecture before I start making
requests I think... but I'd like to see how other people are using
Rools (or OpenWFERu for that fact) now as that would help me.

I'll also check out the 'Rufus'... which is a great nickname.

If we end up using Rools or OpenWFERu and can help, we will.

--
Virtually, Ned Wolpert

"Settle thy studies, Faustus, and begin..." --Marlowe

Discere docendo...

Linda Derezinski

Jul 3, 2007, 5:31:32 PM7/3/07
to Rools Users