rake errors

gowabash

Oct 21, 2008, 10:30:57 AM10/21/08
to Rools-dev
I am trying to get the source working so I can submit the changes that
I have made. I am also willing to add other features if others
request. My issue is that I can not get rake to work. When I run any
rake task I get the following error.

(in /Users/mbrown/poc/rool_test/svn/rools/trunk/rools)
rake aborted!
wrong number of arguments (1 for 0)

If you can point me in the right direction, I will happily do the
work, but I am not very familiar with rake. Here are all my gem
versions as well as my ruby,rake and rails versions.

rspec (1.1.4)
rubygems-update (1.3.0)
rote (0.3.4)
RedCloth (4.0.4, 4.0.3, 3.0.4)
syntax (1.0.0)
rcov (0.8.1.2.0)
ZenTest (3.10.0)
ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [universal-darwin9.0]
rake, version 0.8.3
Rails 2.1.0

Patrice Cappelaere

Oct 21, 2008, 11:27:41 AM10/21/08
to rool...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for volunteering. I received a patch from John Mettraux but
have not had a chance to implement it yet.
I am on travel until Friday. I ought to be able to find it then.
Thanks again,
Pat.

gowabash

Nov 3, 2008, 4:59:04 PM11/3/08
to Rools-dev
I'm still working with rools. If you could get the patch for rake, I
would appreciate it.
Thanks
Matt

Pat G Cappelaere

Nov 3, 2008, 6:56:01 PM11/3/08
to rool...@googlegroups.com
Matt,

Here is what John Mettraux told me to do:

"...it's because of Rake 0.8.1 which breaks Rote.

I work around that this way :

so when I really have to run a Rote task (for generating a website), I do :

rake _0.7.3_ doc or_whatevertasknamethatuses_rote

That forces rake to the 0.7.3 version that is OK.

Cheers,

John"

Another way would be to fix Rote :)
Pat.