Invitation: Disappeared Children in El Salvador and a Mother's Search

Jessica C.

Feb 21, 2013, 8:59:33 AM2/21/13
to romero-inter...@googlegroups.com
Please see below for text of invitation:

Inline image 2
Romero Interfaith Center along with St. Joseph's University Presents

Disappeared Children in El Salvador and a Mother's Search
March 24th, 2013 from 2:00 to 4:00 P.M
St. Joseph’s University, Campion Hall
5600 City Line Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131

Join us in welcoming, Maura Contreras, founding member of Philadelphia's sister community of Las Anonas de Santa Cruz and mother of 3 disappeared children of El Salvador's civil war.   "Niños de la
Memoria" - a locally produced documentary which tells the story of other disappeared children, will also be shown.   Director Maria Teresa Rodriguez will be present for a brief discussion.

This is the culminating event of Maura's speaking tour in the Philadelphia area with the purpose of educating our community on the ongoing impact of the war, updating us on the current state of affairs in El Salvador and Las Anonas, and leading our fundraising efforts.  Donations will support the work of The Pro-Búsqueda Association (an organization that assists families in searching for their disappeared children), the Las
Anonas Community Kitchen Project, and the solidarity commitments of the Romero Interfaith Center in El Salvador.

For more information, go to romerointerfaithcenter.wordpress.com or contact Joanie Brooks at 267-825-6989.

image.jpeg