Farmworker Movie Night for International Food Workers' Week! Thursday, November 21!

Jessica C.

Nov 12, 2013, 5:11:47 PM11/12/13
to romero-inter...@googlegroups.com
Hello Friends!

As a part of International Workers Week, CATA - The Farmworkers
Support Committee
will host a short documentary films screening and panel/discussion around issues
of workers’ rights, immigration, and food justice. The two short documentaries
are: "The Plight of the Workers," a film about workers’ rights from the
perspectives of migrant workers in southern New Jersey, and "Hungry
for Justice,"
a film made by the Agricultural Justice Project
(www.agriculturaljusticeproject.org)
about an inspiring model that ensures social justice in all aspects of the food
system, from field to table. A discussion with local agricultural/food worker
members of CATA will follow. Refreshments will be provided.

Nov. 21 @ 7 PM with $10 Suggested Donation

Rufus Jones Room at Friends Center, 1501 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, PA

I am attaching our flyer for the event, so feel free to spread the word
and invite your friends.

Please RSVP at: https://catamovienight.eventbrite.com

For more information, visit our website:
http://www.cata-farmworkers.org/english%20pages/News.htm

Take care,
Meghan

Meghan Hurley
Communications Coordinator
C.A.T.A - The Farmworkers Support Committee
www.cata-farmworkers.org

Like us on Facebook! http://alturl.com/c6nxt