LGBT Asylum Silent Auction Fundraiser - Saturday, May 24, 7pm!

Jessica C.

May 21, 2014, 4:28:36 PM5/21/14
to romero-inter...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends!

You are invited to a Silent Auction Fundraiser for an amazing group in Massachusetts providing support to International LGBT folks fleeing persecution in their home countries and seeking asylum in the United States!

What:  Dessert Party and Silent Auction
When:  Saturday, May 24, 7 - 9pm
Where:  Tabernacle United Church, 3700 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA

The Asylum program is run by the Hadwen Park Congregational Church LGBT Support Asylum Task Force - Through their LGBT Support Asylum Task Force, the Hadwen Park Congregational Church in Worcester, Massachusetts provides food, clothing, shelter, transportation, and general assistance and support for LGBT refugees as they experience the trauma of leaving their home country and resettling in the United States. Rev. Judy Hanlon, pastor of Hadwen Park, and a group from the Task Force will be with us at the fundraiser and will worship at Tabernacle United Church on Sunday, April 25.  Open plate donations made during the service that Sunday will be donated as well to the Asylum Program.

We've gotten a lot of great donations, and we look forward to seeing everyone to raise funds for this amazing organization!