Switch to GitHub Discussions

jeremy...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2021, 5:53:56 PM11/30/21
to Rodauth
I'm strongly considering switching the primary discussion forum for Rodauth to GitHub Discussions, but keeping the Google Group available for users who would prefer to use that.  I've recently made this change for Sequel, and it seems like most users would prefer it.  However, I'll certainly consider community feedback before making this change.  Please respond in the next week if you have strong feelings either way.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Bo Jeanes

Nov 30, 2021, 6:56:35 PM11/30/21
to Rodauth
Hi Jeremy,

I am in favour of this and think it's a good move. Having email for groups definitely is handy, of course, but too often I reply to the only the author or moderation issues are at play. I also suspect newcomers to the library will discover discussions easier and should avoid the odd GH Issue being raised for support help.

Cheers,
Bo

Renaud Chaput

Dec 1, 2021, 2:20:12 AM12/1/21
to rod...@googlegroups.com
I am strongly in favor of switching, it will be much easier for newcomers and to browse/search.

Renaud

Bruno Aníbal Prieto González

Dec 1, 2021, 4:13:28 AM12/1/21
to rod...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
I am also in favor of this. It would be much easier to find the
questions for a newcomer, and it's easier to start asking questions
too. You could even transfer a discussion to an issue if necessary.

Regards!
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rodauth/880ce90e-cbfc-48d3-bfa9-c5f6186df783n%40googlegroups.com.

jeremy...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2021, 3:36:43 PM12/8/21
to Rodauth
On Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 2:53:56 PM UTC-8 jeremy...@gmail.com wrote:
I'm strongly considering switching the primary discussion forum for Rodauth to GitHub Discussions, but keeping the Google Group available for users who would prefer to use that.  I've recently made this change for Sequel, and it seems like most users would prefer it.  However, I'll certainly consider community feedback before making this change.  Please respond in the next week if you have strong feelings either way.

No objections, so I've decided to make GitHub Discussions the primary discussion forum for Rodauth.  However, I will keep the Google Group open and available for Rodauth users who would prefer to use Google Groups instead of GitHub Discussions.

Here's a link to GitHub Discussions for Rodauth : https://github.com/jeremyevans/rodauth/discussions

Thanks,
Jeremy