Integration with graphql

Aryk Grosz

Feb 7, 2024, 8:49:47 PMFeb 7
to Rodauth
I'm really looking forward to integrating Roda into my project.

I'm trying to build it with Rails API + Graphql in the backend and React in the frontend. It seems that a lot of Rodauth is using view templates and routes which makes sense if you are building a traditional app with routes and rendering in Ruby.

I'd really like to use rodauth on the model side to handle the logging for logins, reset password logic, jwt, lockout, etc.

Does it make sense to integrate rodauth in this way, or would it be confusing to reason and hook into the business logic parts of rodauth.

Before I embark on the journey of getting rodauth to work with my stack, just wanted to hear some thoughts. Maybe others have tried this before, although didn't find much about rodauth + graphql.

Jeremy Evans

Feb 8, 2024, 1:23:50 AMFeb 8
to rod...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure how graphql usage would affect authentication, it seems orthogonal.  If you are using a React front end, you will probably want to use Rodauth's json feature (which adds JSON API support for all other features).

If you are using Rodauth with Rails, you will probably want to use rodauth-rails (https://github.com/janko/rodauth-rails).  Be sure to ask any questions you have on their discussion forum, Rodauth's Google Group and GitHub Discussions forum is for discussion of Rodauth itself.

Thanks,
Jeremy