How to Handle Official Chat for Rodauth

jeremy...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2021, 11:51:48 AM6/15/21
to Rodauth
Considering the recent issues with Freenode have gotten worse, I don't think it's a good idea to keep it as an official channel for help.  We have a few options:

1. Moving to a different IRC network, such as libera.chat.
2. Switching to a different chat protocol/program (e.g. Matrix/Discord/Gitter).
3. Just dropping IRC without replacement.

Personally, I'm leaning to option 3. We haven't gotten that much traffic on IRC the last couple years, and if people want help, I think it's OK for them to post on a forum/email list instead of using chat.

I'd appreciate community feedback before making a decision, but I don't want to wait too long. I'd like to make a decision within the next few days.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy Evans

Jun 21, 2021, 11:45:33 AM6/21/21