Westbard games in July and August

mike sewell

Jul 6, 2024, 5:58:44 PM (9 days ago) Jul 6
to Bethesda ultimate, Rockville Ultimate
Folks

Due to various travel commitments my Westbard attendance in July and August will be sporadic at best, but I trust you all to keep the game going. We’ve had good turnout for the 9 am start, so my
suggestion is to keep going with that thru Labor Day.

But I’ll leave it up to you good people. Nominating Jim Eichner to take the reins in my absence

Big Mike
Sent from my iPhone

James Eichner

Jul 6, 2024, 6:05:58 PM (9 days ago) Jul 6
to mike sewell, Bethesda ultimate, Rockville Ultimate
9 am sounds good to me. Benjy and I will be there.

But I decline the nomination and will pass the torch to whoever is willing since I am not sure I can play next weekend.

> On Jul 6, 2024, at 5:58 PM, mike sewell <dcdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Folks
> --
> Sunday game parking is at Westland MS, field is northeast of the school.
> ---

David Pomper

Jul 6, 2024, 7:54:11 PM (9 days ago) Jul 6
to James Eichner, mike sewell, Bethesda ultimate, Rockville Ultimate
After this week there will be 8 more Sundays until and including the one of Labor Dsy weekend. I suggest we talk in-person tomorrow and set a rotation among 4-8 of us. I’m willing to take a turn.

On Jul 6, 2024, at 6:05 PM, James Eichner <jimei...@gmail.com> wrote:

9 am sounds good to me. Benjy and I will be there.
--
Parking for the Sunday Westbard game is at Westland middle school. The field is northeast of the school.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rockvilleultimate%40gmail.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York
---

Henry Ferland

Jul 6, 2024, 8:26:13 PM (9 days ago) Jul 6
to mike sewell, Bethesda ultimate, Rockville Ultimate
I second the 9 am start .... See you all there. Happy to help organize when I'm in town...will be out for Nationals and Wildwood...

Henry Ferland

Jul 13, 2024, 2:57:50 PM (2 days ago) Jul 13
to mike sewell, Bethesda ultimate, Rockville Ultimate
Hey all:

Game on tomorrow at 9 am to beat the heat.  Maybe the field will be a little softer from the rain.

See you there.

Rockville Ultimate

Jul 13, 2024, 4:30:49 PM (2 days ago) Jul 13
to Henry Ferland, mike sewell, Bethesda ultimate, Rockville Ultimate

If convenient for you, I encourage you to show up to an alternative game instead because a team is bringing 12+ players to the Westbard game and there isn't space available for 2 fields.

10:30am Nolte Park in Silver Spring (there is also an earlier game for older players) https://www.facebook.com/groups/nolteultimate/
9:30am Blueberry Hill park in Derwood https://groups.google.com/g/blueberryhillultimatefrisbee
9:15am Fields near African American museum, downtown https://www.facebook.com/groups/52767685377/

Greg Heltzer

Jul 13, 2024, 5:07:14 PM (2 days ago) Jul 13
to Rockville Ultimate, Bethesda ultimate, Henry Ferland, Rockville Ultimate, mike sewell
We’re not moving an existing pickup game of 30+ years.  But thanks.

--
Sunday game parking is at Westland MS, field is northeast of the school.
---

David Pomper

Jul 13, 2024, 5:43:18 PM (2 days ago) Jul 13
to Greg Heltzer, Rockville Ultimate, Bethesda ultimate, Henry Ferland, Rockville Ultimate, mike sewell
What team/
is this additive to the youth game of recent weeks/
why rule out setting up additional field(s) at Westland (aka Westbard)?

Rockville Ultimate

Jul 13, 2024, 5:45:27 PM (2 days ago) Jul 13
to David Pomper, Greg Heltzer, Bethesda ultimate, Henry Ferland, Rockville Ultimate, mike sewell

Bryan Greenwald's GGM team, I think? I'm not sure the name. Anyway, someone told me there is no space for a 2nd field at Westbard due to other activities.

I'm not saying move the game, I'm saying consider attending a different pickup just for tomorrow so you can actually get some playing time.

Greg Heltzer

Jul 13, 2024, 5:46:52 PM (2 days ago) Jul 13
to Rockville Ultimate, David Pomper, Bethesda ultimate, Henry Ferland, Rockville Ultimate, mike sewell
I will spike on them early and often =)

Greg Heltzer

Jul 13, 2024, 5:58:09 PM (2 days ago) Jul 13
to Rockville Ultimate, David Pomper, Bethesda ultimate, Henry Ferland, Rockville Ultimate, mike sewell
I think this is overblown. several players from that team already attend regularly. just play harder D and you'll be plenty tired.

Henry Ferland

Jul 13, 2024, 5:59:38 PM (2 days ago) Jul 13
to Greg Heltzer, Rockville Ultimate, David Pomper, Bethesda ultimate, Rockville Ultimate, mike sewell
🙂