Woodley Gardens Thursday?

Rockville Ultimate

Sep 15, 2021, 4:03:51 PM9/15/21
to Rockville Ultimate
Does anyone know if Woodley Gardens park is available on Thursdays? With sundown at 7:15pm it might make more sense to play there as the tennis court lights are on.

Marc Sorini

Sep 15, 2021, 4:47:43 PM9/15/21
to Rockville ultimate
Dear All,

I live very close to Woodley and am not aware of any conflicts.  That said, I have not checked (and can't tomorrow as I have an appointment).  Bottom-line: No promises, but I would put odds on Woodley being free Thursday evenings.  And the lights do help (Blueberry played a few night games there a couple of years ago while the Blueberry field was closed for maintenance.)

--
Any location posted in advance is tentative. Please check messages ASAP if you can't find us. We occasionally must move because the field is taken.

https://pickupultimate.com/map/city/washingtondc
---

Dinis Camara

Sep 16, 2021, 8:13:29 AM9/16/21
to Rockville Ultimate
I've been at Woodley the last two Thursdays.  The fields are taken.  There's a football team that takes the upper field near the tennis courts and a baseball team on the lower field.

Dinis

David Pomper

Sep 16, 2021, 9:44:24 AM9/16/21
to rockul...@googlegroups.com
If folks would use them, I’m willing to front a purchase of (and pass the hat for substantial reimbursement of) light-up (led) wristbands and a glow-in-dark ultrastar disc.  Wristbands come in color-matched sets of 6 for $17 each, so I’d order 3 sets in white and 3 in orange — so 9 pairs in each color, 7 pairs to be in circulating use on-field at dusk and the rest for subs/backup.  They come with batteries and in my experience (I’ve used one for evening walks since early in the pandemic) they last a long time.  I think that equipment would give us an extra 20 minutes or so of safe twilight play, so would easily be worthwhile.   Could have in hand by next week.

Joseph Huang

Sep 16, 2021, 9:52:54 AM9/16/21
to Rockville ultimate
Interesting idea, but does anyone know if Westbard/Westland middle school has free lights and is available Thursday evenings/nights? Usually cost free options work better with this group. I think we have tried light up games before but there was not enough long term interest.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Rockville Ultimate" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rockultimate/6FA9F5F4-E6EF-483C-8917-422CD826D8C2%40gmail.com.

David Pomper

Sep 16, 2021, 10:10:56 AM9/16/21
to rockul...@googlegroups.com
I don’t think we can know the lighting situation there without investigation, as the tennis courts there were rebuilt within the past month.  (Note also that parking for that field is now at the school, as redevelopment of the adjacent shopping area and its lot has begun.)