Question about CompactRange behavior with option atomic_flush=true

Maxim Vershinin

Apr 16, 2024, 4:33:28 AMApr 16
to rocksdb
Hi RocksDB community!

When I set option atomic_flush=true, CompactRange function flushes all CFs in database instance. But with atomic_flush=false CompactRange flushes only provided CF. Same behavior in IngestExternalFiles.

I tried to find explanation of this behavior in original commit that introduced this option (https://github.com/facebook/rocksdb/pull/4023), but not found. Can someone explain me is it bug or expected behavior?

Maxim Vershinin

Apr 16, 2024, 8:35:52 AMApr 16
to rocksdb
If it turns out to be a bug, can I submit PR with fixes?

вторник, 16 апреля 2024 г. в 15:33:28 UTC+7, Maxim Vershinin: