Re: [Rocks-Discuss] Partitioning and a umask discovery

Luca Clementi

Apr 2, 2012, 7:16:35 PM4/2/12
to Discussion of Rocks Clusters
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Moorcroft, Mark (ARC-TSM)[ERC, Inc.]
<mark.mo...@nasa.gov> wrote:

> Yikes, I am a rookie at ROCKS. OK, the partition stanza DOES work for me.
> Next question, how do you do the following:
>
> Create /scratch directory

<post>
mkdir /scratch
</post>

> Add sda5 to fstab to mount it

It should be added automatically. If it doesn't just add manually in
the post section after the mkdir:

<post>
mkdir /scratch
echo "fatab line you want" >> /etc/fstab
</post>

> Stop it from making sda5 ext2 (should scratch be ext4?)

you can use the option --fstype=

       part /scratch --size 1 --grow --ondisk sda --fstype=ext4" >

You might wanna turn off journalling on the scratch partition if you use ext4.

Sincerely,
Luca