Marv Tripp

Sep 14, 2013, 6:03:38 PM9/14/13
to mt...@sbcgolbal.net
BITS AND PIECES,  Marv Tripp,  Sept 14, '13

HOPE:   It's my turn to putt.  There are calculations to be made:  the speed of the green, the distance to the hole, the slope on the way.  I strike the ball and what happens next is HOPE.
Hope is a factor in riding a motorcycle and owning a pitbull. We can make our calculations, but there are forces beyond ourselves that may come into play to effect our desired outcome.
What to do regarding Syria?  In assessing the situation. the Obama administration seems slow and deliberate.  No cowboy, shoot-from-the-hip decision we saw with Afghanistan and Iraq.  HOPE is a factor in most government proposals too.  Let's HOPE the calculations work out against the unpredictable situation in the near east.
MONEY:  Money isn't evil.....unless it's used to buy power.  Those who start out with an advantage are likely to multiply it.  Under today's system, too many of our hard workers fail to obtain the rewards they used to expect.
The wealthy can't seem to spare the money to care for the workers who made the wealth for them.