Ratings in Rocket Player since the Muma Studios Clusterfuck

Jon Slack-Smith

Jun 4, 2022, 6:16:45 AM6/4/22
to Rocket Player
Has anyone else's ratings gone missing from their songs in Rocket Player?
I've downgraded to the 5.x version to get it working again, but the ratings aren't there.

I use the ratings to give the songs that have crept into iTunes somehow that I really don't want to hear again a 1 star rating, have a playlist in iTunes that includes only 2 and more star songs in it, then sync that playlist to Android with isyncr.

Deleting the ratings.xml file from the symcr folder didn't help. Opening the recreated file shows that it's full of songs and their ratings, but Rocket Player seems to be ignoring that file. Maybe there's another place it looks for ratings.

I can live with it; it seems to keep and update to iTunes any song I rate again, it's just not syncing the already existing songs.

Anyway, I have tried clearing the cache, deleting data and reinstalling the app, so any clue here will be above and beyond what the new owners can give.

jayr2305

Jan 7, 2023, 5:04:53 AM1/7/23
to Rocket Player
did you ever resolve this issue or did you move on. have the same exact problem and i could swear it worked a few weeks ago... tried downgrading rocket player and isyncr but nothing worked...

Dan Mustard

Sep 25, 2023, 3:55:22 PM9/25/23
to Rocket Player
My Rocket Player app stopped working, claiming that I needed to update. Nothing worked to update the player. I reached out to customer support, and there was at least one week between requests and response. This dragged out for a couple of months. Eventually they stopped answering. Horrible customer service. Horrible company. Hopefully they went under.