Can not access files on SD card

reecewi...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2018, 5:19:13 AM7/28/18
to Rocket Player
Hi,

A few days ago, randomly, my entire library disappeared from Rocket Player. It is stored on my SD card and the files are all still there. Re-scanning the device does not change this and I don't seem able to manually add the path via My Library. I installed another music player app to see if the problem was there to, and it is not, so I must assume a Rocket Player issue. If a pick a song while browsing the SD, I can open and play it with Rocket Player, but it is not added to the library, and adding it to a new playlist, simply creates an empty playlist.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas?

Cheers

nancar...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2018, 1:22:29 AM7/31/18
to Rocket Player
Yes for me this is common I been using RP for 4 maybe 5 yrs and I just live with it. But if you delete the part files remaining in the play list so that the file is all gone it should reload ok again.

Justin (JRT)

Aug 2, 2018, 11:32:56 AM8/2/18
to Rocket Player
A possible reason for this is that the SD card is 100% full. Because of some issues on other devices, Rocket Player ignores storage areas that are 100% full. Can you check if that might be the issue?

kingof...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2018, 8:16:42 AM8/28/18
to Rocket Player
Exactly the same thing has just happened to me. Tried everything. Re-installing,re-mounting sd card. Works fine on other players

Justin (JRT)

Aug 28, 2018, 6:47:46 PM8/28/18
to Rocket Player
If you are seeing this issue, and your SD card is not 100% full. Check that the path is selected to be scanned in "Menu->Settings->Library->Select Paths". If the path isn't showing up as an option there, we can press "Add Path" and and manually add the path to the scanner.

scotc...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2018, 10:57:59 AM11/6/18
to Rocket Player
Hey, this is 2018, can we select folders from the file system just like normal apps do? My photo gallery is smart enough to do that trick, this music player with all the bellls & whistles should too.

Explicit path is fine when you're monkey wrenching something that just won't work, but Android doesn't make it easy to find/get a path. The UI on the other hand, is built for this.

Caroline JRTStudio

Nov 7, 2018, 3:03:36 PM11/7/18
to Rocket Player
Hi, we actually do pull and automatically display any paths that the system tells us about and then allow you to check the folders you want to scan. Adding it manually is only if the system isn't telling us about it.

grahamco...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2019, 1:21:35 PM8/8/19
to Rocket Player
Did anyone resolve this?
Tried to write the path but that didn't work either.

Caroline JRTStudio

Aug 16, 2019, 12:08:10 PM8/16/19
to Rocket Player
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. Are you still seeing this issue? Can you tell me what file path you are inputting into Add Path?

Thanks
Caroline

ilanf...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2019, 7:05:05 PM8/21/19
to Rocket Player
Same thing just happened to me. And I don't have the ability to add the SD as a path.

Caroline JRTStudio

Aug 22, 2019, 12:55:24 AM8/22/19
to Rocket Player
Oh no! When you say you don't have the ability to add a path, can you tell me more about what you are seeing? Do you see the button at the bottom of the Media Folders screen where it says Add Path?

Thanks
Caroline

Shannon O'Hare

Apr 22, 2022, 12:09:15 PM4/22/22
to Rocket Player
There is no path available to select, I can't add any path. I tried the link on the website (/storage/emulated/ even tried storage/emulated/0 but when I click save, nothing happens. I get the same blank screen under select folders for library.

Dan Muller

Apr 22, 2022, 2:18:05 PM4/22/22
to Rocket Player
It works OK on mine, so maybe I can help. In Rocket Player, when you open Settings>My Library>Select Media Folders, what do you see? I sounds like you're not seeing any paths at all, which is very strange--you should see at least the internal storage (/storage/emulated/0). Are you not seeing even that?
Message has been deleted

Jon Slack-Smith

Jun 24, 2022, 11:59:17 PM6/24/22
to Rocket Player
Hi Shannon & anyone else suffering the same lack of media folders to select,  I'll add my 2c worth.  My Galaxy S21+ is suffering the same issues so many others are having with the GUI crashing.  (Android 12).  I still have my Galaxy S9 (Android 10). I factory reset it and installed the latest version from the Play Store. It was stable, unlike on the S21+, but there was no music to see, even though the factory reset doesn't format the SD card and everything was still there. Under Settings > My Library > Select Media Folders, it was completely blank, and entering a path did nothing.
I uninstalled, went here: https://rocket-music-player.en.uptodown.com/android/versions, downloaded 5.18.60 and installed it (if you download using a PC, you can just open https://drive.google.com and drag it there to be accessible from the phone). That showed the Media folders as they should, including the external SD card. I upgraded to the newest version after that and it can still see the folders.

Version 6 is buggy as hell after the change of owners, so if you upgrade and it keeps crashing, I'd uninstall again and install 5.18.60 again.

Fortunately, I could use the Samsung Smart Switch app to transfer the licensed isyncr back from the new phone to the old and could sync the entire iTunes library.  I guess in future, if I"m sticking with isyncr, I'll need to keep getting Samsung phones to use the Smart Switch app to transfer isyncr, unless it stops working under new versions of Android. One thing is for sure; I'll not be paying AUD 16.99/week for the new version of isyncr, just to transfer songs. Muma has done a magnificent job of alienating a very loyal group of users.

Thankfully, they haven't pulled the Rocket Player unlocker, like the have the version of isyncr that many of us paid the license for.

Going back to 5.18.60 on my new phone fixed its issues and I have set it in the play store to not update automatically.

The old version of Rocket Player might work for you too.

Daniel Faigin

Jun 25, 2022, 1:52:51 AM6/25/22
to Rocket Player
I'll note that I haven't had a problem with iSyncr using the USB interface. I haven't tried the wifi; it's possible that's the version asking for the monthly fee (I haven't been prompted).

Kyle Riley

Jul 13, 2022, 1:54:02 AM7/13/22
to Rocket Player
Unfortunately I don't really see a solution here. I am having this same problem. Rocket Player used to be great but now it does not work at all. Do I just need to find a new music player?

Eneko Castresana

Oct 5, 2022, 1:44:55 PM10/5/22
to Rocket Player
Hi, thank you for pointing this out. I've used Rocket Player in the past for several years, but I suppose it stopped working a good while ago after some update, since I haven't used it for a long time already. Since then I haven't found a satisfactory alternative. I've been relying on SkyTube limited player features but lately it hasn't been working so well. I switched to VLC but it's got its shortcomings when used while driving. I tried several other top rated players and they're just not good enough, so finally I gave good old Rocket Player another go without memory of the reason I quit using it, which I suppose it was this very one.

I'll try your suggestion and I'm sure it'll work out just fine. It is nonetheless a shame that this most legendary product was abandoned in this way (after changing hands, I'm guessing). As a developer I feel like this may be a good opportunity to create a similar product. I have actually been considering creating a player catered to my needs after having tried several players and now that I see the state of this product I'm seeing potential earnings here. I just wish I had the time to commit to this soon.

Hollis Miller

Oct 5, 2022, 4:35:44 PM10/5/22
to Rocket Player
I used RP for years as well and got excellent support from the original owner/author.  Shame about what's happened.  I quit using it because the app kept messing up the library and associating the wrong album cover tags to individual tracks.  My use of a media player/manager on Android is limited to music only. Those interested in managing other media types can stop reading now.  I have managed my music library on a windows PC for years using Media Monkey, then simply downloaded the tracks to Android and let RP do it's thing.  As noted above, it did it very well until recently.  The MM product on a PC does everything I need it to do, including dynamic playlists managed via parameter driven query specification., i.e. "play everything not played in 90 days and not genre Christmas".  You get the idea....  MM is also available on Android.  If used with the PC product it has a sync function to keep the libraries in Sync.  MM is not perfect, but I have gotten pretty good support working my way through some of the kinks getting it set up to my satisfaction on Android.  Might be worth a look for those looking for an RP replacement.

Tremont Poole

Dec 28, 2022, 5:27:51 PM12/28/22
to Rocket Player
Thank you this was the problem bad software version