Android Auto - No Track Information

SAMUEL SCHUMANN

Jul 24, 2021, 12:53:46 PM7/24/21
to Rocket Player
After a recent update (I assume of my Samsung Galaxy 10s (but who knows, it might have been one I did not notice from my Rocket Player or something minor I did not notice on my Chevy Silverado) my Rocket Player is not synching like it used to.  I can no longer pull up Song Titles, Artists, and Times of on tracks in my library.  However, the Rocket Player is connecting far better in regard to showing playlists, the library, and actually selecting a track (I could not access that info previously).  However, once a selection is made, no for information flows on my vehicle's navigation screen.  I either get a message saying the device connected is the name I have given to my phone, or it says "No Information Available."

In addition, at times, if I connect by USB and not just blue tooth, at times I cannot even get it to play anything out of my library.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sam S.

caro...@jrtstudio.com

Aug 2, 2021, 2:53:36 PM8/2/21
to Rocket Player
Sorry you are running into issues. Let's check a few settings.

Head to Rocket Player Settings -> System Resources -> Keep Notification and turn that ON.

Head to Rocket Player Settings -> Operation - > Third Party Controls and turn that ON.

Head to Rocket Player Settings -> Headset/Bluetooth -> Obey Headset Controls and turn that ON.

Head to Rocket Player Settings -> Headset/Bluetooth -> Support Volume Controls and turn that OFF.

Then reboot your phone and try connecting again. Does that help at all?

Thanks

Caroline

SAMUEL SCHUMANN

Aug 7, 2021, 12:30:16 PM8/7/21
to Rocket Player
Thanks for the help.  I did all those things in the past.  This is where life gets stupid - I installed another player, and whatever the glitch was (I assume there is something going on with the Android operating system) the Rocket Player began functioning again.  Go figure.

caro...@jrtstudio.com

Aug 7, 2021, 12:49:14 PM8/7/21
to Rocket Player
That's definitely unexpected but I'll take it as a win!

Ken Ellingwood

Apr 12, 2023, 5:51:03 PM4/12/23
to Rocket Player
Was having the same issues and tried the instruction above.  I now have control of music and tracks, artist pic, etc are showing.  Yahoo.
All setting were correct when I looked at them.  I toggled them the opposite way and back again then a reboot.

Mr. Win Stonechurch Hill

Apr 20, 2023, 6:54:29 AM4/20/23
to Rocket Player
There is no more JRT Studio staff.  They've been bought out by Muma Studios based out of Tel-Aviv.  And since the buyout, this poor app has been trashed.  Doesn't work anymore esp regarding account login, backups, playlist management, etc.  Frequent crashes.  Muma killed it.