Rocket Player Update

Daniel Faigin

Jun 18, 2022, 6:06:45 PM6/18/22
to Rocket Player
I just did my monthly synch of my iTunes library to my phone (51K songs in the library, takes an hour or two via USB, only about 200 new songs plus podcasts).

After doing so, I checked Google Play updates. It looks like they updated the Android version of Rocket Player yesterday (6/17). Still seems to take forever to scan the library, but I have a larger library than usual. Anyone else notice what changed?

Daniel Faigin

Jun 18, 2022, 6:08:36 PM6/18/22
to Rocket Player
Update: Here's the changelist:

** Fix large list loading
** Ignore ringtones in app folders permanently
** Fix rescan bug
** Prepare for Android API 30
** Allow genre filtering on the artist tab
** Updated translations
** Now you can turn off custom notifications and use the built-in Android notification instead
** Scanning fixes
** Fix for stars bug on some Samsung devices. I could only fix the default themes.
** Fixed some startup crashes on Android 11
** Added a few more languages
** Multi-delete tracks in playlists

Kevin Palm

Jun 18, 2022, 7:14:03 PM6/18/22
to Rocket Player
That's weird, Google Play still shows version 6.1.0, dated March 24, 2022, as the latest version for me!

Screenshot_20220618-190817_Google Play Store.jpg

Daniel Faigin

Jun 18, 2022, 7:24:03 PM6/18/22
to Rocket Player
I don't know how quickly they push it out. You might try seeing if updates are pending in Google Play.

Kevin Palm

Jun 18, 2022, 7:27:23 PM6/18/22
to Rocket Player
Nothing pending, but yeah, rollout might take time.  Does it still randomly minimize for you?

Cheers,
Kevin

Daniel Faigin

Jun 18, 2022, 7:32:43 PM6/18/22
to Rocket Player
I didn't see that, but mostly I just check that it has gotten the metadata updated. My main "player" is still my iPod Classic. Rocket Player is a backup of the entire library, for now.

Kevin Palm

Jun 18, 2022, 7:44:45 PM6/18/22
to Rocket Player
Gotcha!  Thanks!

Chiara Whiting

Jun 20, 2022, 1:10:09 PM6/20/22
to Rocket Player
I'm pretty sure that changelist from Google Play (starting with "fixed large list loading") applies to a previous version of Rocket Player. It's dated 3/24/22. So, unfortunately, there's no way of knowing what they changed in this version.
Message has been deleted

Jon Slack-Smith

Jul 19, 2022, 11:03:35 PM7/19/22
to Rocket Player
I'm seeing a June 12, 2022 version in the store now.  I updated it on my Galaxy S21+ (Android 12) and it quit several times after one second and then suffered the usual scanning forever when it somehow doesn't quit. I went back to the 5.18.60 version downloaded as an apk.
 On my old Galaxy S9 (Android 10), it is now looking for new songs on every start, even with the Auto Rescan option turned off. It does seem stable otherwise. It was also stable with the 24 March version, but without the rescanning bug.
They're going backwards.