I just got The New Paid Rocket PlayerApp And It Deletes All Of Songs I Upload To It

David Clark

Nov 1, 2021, 12:22:35 AM11/1/21
to Rocket Player
Very annoying.  I just paid for the Rocket Music Player Ad Remover Unlocker app, since I have an extensive music library with WMA music files and Album art.

My music (probably 1000 songs) takes about 30 minutes to upload to the RocketPlayer folder on my new Pixel 6 phone.

I am using folder structure in my Pixel 6 internal storage:

RocketPlayer > Artist > Album

I validate that all of the WMA songs and jpeg Album Art files are in the Album folders.  Then I open the Rocket Player app and it finds none of my music.  When I go back to my File Manager, all of the subfolders and everything in the RocketPlayer folder are gone. RocketPlayer deleted my whole Library of songs.  I tried this 3 times in a row.

Any ideas on what is happening?  Can RocketPlayer support please respond.  Thanks.

David Clark

Nov 1, 2021, 7:00:29 PM11/1/21
to Rocket Player
Thanks Caroline!  This was cockpit error on my part.  Your reply to my support request email explained the very simple step that I was skipping to "Rescan Device".  I still can't explain how my music files were getting deleted.  However, once I copied the music files again to my new phone, and then went into RocketPlayer and clicked "Rescan Device" from the menu selection, then all of my songs were instantly available in RocketPlayer and my Playlists were also working with no other action on my part.

Thanks again so much!  You're the greatest!  5 Stars for RocketPlayer!