Difficulty getting RP to recognize/retain newly added tracks to library - 5.18.60

CHRIS L GARNER

Aug 31, 2023, 9:58:17 AM8/31/23
to Rocket Player
So grateful to have my ol' Rocket Player back after using the APK fix for version 5.18.60, but while compiling a couple important playlists, I seem to be having a really difficult time getting the player to recognize new tracks I'm adding to folders for the library on my storage device. I can see the music has been successfully moved via USB connection to my PC, but even after opening the player and scanning for new material, I go to that folder in the Rocket Player and not all of the music shows up.

And this could be a totally new folder I've added with, let's say, 15 tracks.Maybe 10 of the tracks are visible, maybe less. I can rescan, add and overwrite the individual tracks back in with my PC and rescan. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. AND ... some tracks already scanned and added to my playlist have disappeared. It's so frustrating.

Does anyone have advice for this problem?

Karl Ove Hufthammer

Aug 31, 2023, 10:28:04 AM8/31/23
to Rocket Player
The only reliable solution I’ve found for rescanning problems (in the *latest* version) is to completely reset the app by:

  1. Closing/quitting the Rocket Player app.
  2. Deleting the cache and user data (in the storage settings for the app).
  3. In the folder /Documents/RocketPlayer, deleting the files ‘blob3.blob’ and ‘blob3.blob.zip’. You *don’t* have to delete the file livelists.xml or any subfolders.
  4. Restarting Rocket Player. All settings will be gone, so you’ll have to reconfigure them, including the location of your music files. However, the live/dynamic playlists will *not* be gone (unless you also deleted livelists.xml)
I don’t use non-dynamic playlists, so I don’t know if they survive the reset. (I suspect they don’t.)