[Request] More tag options for live list rules

evile...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2018, 8:29:33 AM2/27/18
to Rocket Player
Love Rocket player but would love to be able to access additional tag information when creating live lists. I have used MP3tag on my computer to define two custom tags ”Country of Origin” and ”Source Media” which I use in my PC media player to create several live lists such as ”45s” and "Canadian music" I would like to do the same in rocket player but cannot access those tags when crafting a live list.

Justin (JRT)

Feb 28, 2018, 11:09:39 AM2/28/18
to Rocket Player
Thanks for the feature request. Unfortunately, supporting every tag isn't really a goal of Rocket Player. Why? Well each tag takes up space. It takes space in the database and space in memory. Further, in six (seven?) years, I don't think I've had a request for these tags. The next tag feature will probably be support for multiple genres or multiple artists, but that is still a little ways down the road for me.

Always good to point out, I'm just one guy. :-D

oma1...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2018, 4:04:13 AM3/2/18
to Rocket Player
Скачать песни

Don Benson

Feb 5, 2019, 9:14:32 AM2/5/19
to Rocket Player
This is an old thread, but I would like to add a possible suggestion. Could this be implemented by allowing the user to enter their own tags to be extracted (if they exist) from any media files being scanned? Then those tags could also be available in a live list.

Yes, this means more memory, but that would be by user choice.

I have a smart playlist in iTunes that includes a rule based on certain text not existing in the "Comments" tag. I would like to be able to emulate that rule in a Live List, but it is not currently possible.

Liam Turner

Sep 27, 2022, 3:38:49 AM9/27/22
to Rocket Player
That sounds like a reasonable way to implement it would just be to have a Text box where a user could specify which tag or they wanted rocket player to look for as apposed to just adding all the tags to the options.