Playcounts are often wrong.

saturn...@googlemail.com

Aug 3, 2022, 7:41:51 PM8/3/22
to Rocket Player
I use Rocket Player because the playcounts of my iTunes database are very important to me. But over the last few weeks, when I look at the isyncr.xml file, the playcounts are often wrong.
I have like 50 songs in there, everyone of them was played once since the last sync. So the playcount should be "1" - but many times, it's "2".
Also, recently, I listened to an entire album of a band. It has 10 tracks, but the isyncr.xml only shows 9, even though I am 100% sure that it was played in its entire length.

And, what happened today: Rocket Player was playing some music, but somehow, the last song of the playlist was played 3 times (of course that was not planned). And in this case, the playcount was "6" ...

Has anyone else strange behavior when it comes to Rocket Player and iSyncr? Oh, I forgot to mention: iSyncr is also acting strange. I can't sync through WLAN anymore ( I could do it in the past), only through USB.

Bill Tucker

Oct 8, 2022, 2:31:32 AM10/8/22
to Rocket Player
I have similar problems after updating to Android 12:
  • playcounts aren't syncing anymore at all, yet ratings do;
  • USB sync works but WiFi not
Both of these have worked *for years*.

For me, at least, Rocket Player has always, though, played the last song on an album more than once if I finish an album on Bluetooth in the car, for example, and have auto start on Bluetooth connect. It replays the last song. That's normal. Dunno about your double counts. I haven't seen that behaviour.

Bill

Chiara Whiting

Oct 8, 2022, 11:00:45 PM10/8/22
to Rocket Player
Wifi sync stopped working for me too about a month ago (after years of working just fine). Specifically, the iSyncr app spontaneously closes as soon as I tap the wifi icon on the app's initial screen, so I can't even get to the screen where I would select my iTunes library. Is that what's happening to you?

I've cleared app storage, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, etc. I sent a bug report to the new app owner. Initially, they responded with several questions and suggestions (which unfortunately didn't help). Then they said they needed more time to look into it. I haven't heard back from them since.