Send a request object in a comet session

1 view

Erik

Oct 21, 2008, 7:54:26 AM10/21/08
to rocket-gwt
Hi folks,

A trivial question maybe, but can I send a request object to the
server when establishing a new comet session? I need the client to
send a job to the server and then use the long-lived connection to
receive updates on that job from the server.

Alternatively, if I need to send my request object out-of-band, how do
I match the comet connection with the proper client?

cheers,
Erik van Zijst

mP

Oct 21, 2008, 8:15:14 AM10/21/08
to rocket-gwt
Unforutnately comet sessions are one way from server to
client(browser).

One option is to use your session as shared storage area.