RichTextArea Causes Comet Servlet Communication Failure on FireFox

jasons

Mar 17, 2009, 5:36:16 PM3/17/09
to rocket-gwt
(Note: Sorry if this ends up being a double-post. I tried to post this
question yesterday, but it never showed up.)

I'm having some using a Rocket Comet servlet on FireFox (this problem
does not occur in IE). Whenever I instantiate a RichTextArea control,
I immediately see a client-side communications failure message from
the Comet servlet (Something along the lines of "Unable to connect
to. . .<Comet servlet's URL>". This error terminates the Comet cycle,
causes communication to break down between the client and server. This
happens on instantiation - so far as I've been able to determine,
there's no need to actually do anything with the control in order to
cause the failure.

Can anyone explain why this is happening, or suggest a way to fix it?
(My only guess at the moment is that Comet and the RichTextArea are
both trying to use hidden IFRAMEs and somehow interfering with one
another, but I haven't found any way to confirm this suspicion.)

Thanks
-jasons