Rocket remoting causing Safari 4 to thrash the disk

1 view

Froud, Geoffrey (Geoff)

Jul 15, 2009, 5:57:48 AM7/15/09
to rocke...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I have noticed that when I have a rocket/comet connection open, the Safari 4 browser (on Windows) is continuously thrashing the disk.  This doesn’t happen in IE, Firefox or Chrome.  The rocket connection is idle, i.e. no data being sent. It is just reconnecting every 60 seconds. If I stop the rocket connection then the thrashing stops.  I have tried switching off the anti-phishing feature in Safari but that doesn’t cure the problem.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks,

Geoff

Geoff

Jul 15, 2009, 6:01:45 AM7/15/09
to rocket-gwt

mP

Jul 16, 2009, 9:38:56 AM7/16/09
to rocket-gwt
Is there a setting in S4 to configure how often it commits to disk
etc ? - I have nt tried S4 yet :(.

Geoff

Jul 16, 2009, 9:54:39 AM7/16/09
to rocket-gwt
No, there is nothing that low level.
> > Geoff- Hide quoted text -

Geoff

Jul 27, 2009, 10:53:19 AM7/27/09
to rocket-gwt
It looks like this is a Safari 4.0 bug. The problem didn't happen in
earlier versions of Safari. I've just got an update to Safari 4.0.2
and the problem has gone away.

Geoff

On Jul 15, 10:57 am, "Froud, Geoffrey (Geoff)" <gfr...@avaya.com>

Miroslav Pokorny