Problem with cursor except IE

Sand

Apr 8, 2009, 4:10:02 AM4/8/09
to rocket-gwt
Hi All,

My comet servlet is contineouly looking for some data from server. Now
what happens is that in case of Firefox,Opera and all other browsers
except IE, it shows cursor as busy (i.e. arrow and hourglass). This
leads to confusion to end user that wait something is still loading
from server but actually page is loaded completely.

Can you please tell me how can i handle this.

Thanks & regards

Miroslav Pokorny

Apr 9, 2009, 1:16:13 AM4/9/09
to rocke...@googlegroups.com, rocket-gwt
You can try setting on body the cursor style to something like
"normal". I could be wrong about the value - look up ok yahoo for
available values.

Sand

Apr 13, 2009, 2:19:44 AM4/13/09
to rocket-gwt
Hi ,

I have set in my css cursor style as "default" which means just an
arrow.
But it displays extra hour glass in all other browsers except IE.
What i believe is that it's browser dependent how it displays the
cursor when the page is loading.
And i don't want to show my cursor as busy(i.e. arrow and hour glass)

On Apr 9, 10:16 am, Miroslav Pokorny <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> You can try setting on body the cursor style to something like
> "normal". I could be wrong about the value - look up ok yahoo for
> available values.

Inna

Apr 29, 2009, 1:52:23 PM4/29/09
to rocket-gwt
Hi,
I am having the same problem with Firefox, when cursor is shown busy.
Setting it to 'default' on body and other element does not make any
difference.
Has anyone solved this problem?
Miroslav, do you have any other ideas how to get around it?
Thanks much for any help,
Inna

Miroslav Pokorny

Apr 29, 2009, 7:18:03 PM4/29/09
to rocke...@googlegroups.com, rocket-gwt
Sorry I don't have a definitive answer... Perhaps go have a look at
gtalk or something similar and verify it uses comet and then see how
they solve the problem...

Hth.

NitinB

May 7, 2009, 6:12:06 AM5/7/09
to rocket-gwt
Try setting the cursor using url property.

body {
cursor: url(arrow.cur), auto;
}

In case the first element is not supported the second one is used.

While all versions of IE, FF, Chrome and Safari support cursor pointer
with url, Opera and Konqueror don't support it.
For more details: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/ui.html#cursor-props.

Cursor styles and browser compatibility matrix can be found at:
http://www.quirksmode.org/css/cursor.html

-Nitin