Compilation error with Rocket 0.53, GWT 1.5.2

Steve Storey

Aug 31, 2008, 12:15:53 PM8/31/08
to rocket-gwt
I'm getting lots of spam about various units being removed by the
compiler for various reasons.

More importantly, the compiler actually falls over with a
NoSuchMethodError (which I've reported to GWT as well since that seems
a rather bad thing to have happen regardless of what 3rd party libs
are doing). Removing Rocket from my code solves the compilation
problem (but obviously I'd like to use Rocket).

GWT forum thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/fd8adafc1bb19e25

Anyone else seen this?

Steve

Miroslav Pokorny

Aug 31, 2008, 6:16:17 PM8/31/08
to rocke...@googlegroups.com, rocket-gwt
I haven't tried the latest 152 release of gwt but I did make slight
changes to some of the compiler classes . If u can provide more
feedback or context that would help me check it out .

Sent from my iPhone

Stefan

Sep 8, 2008, 8:09:34 AM9/8/08
to rocket-gwt
Hi,

I'm also getting errors when trying to compile my application which is
using only the JSON module. I can run the app in hosted mode but I
cannot compile it. I saw the post in the GWT group with a
recommendation on unpacking the rocket .jar-files and removing the
rocket compiler, but I don't know how to do that. Is it possible to
take the source from the trunk and remove this compiler?

Maybe it is better to wait for a new version of rocket!?

Thanks,
Stefan

On Sep 1, 12:16 am, Miroslav Pokorny <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I haven't tried the latest 152 release of gwt but I did make slight
> changes to some of the compiler classes . If u can provide more
> feedback or context that would help me check it out .
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 01/09/2008, at 2:15 AM, Steve Storey <ssto...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm getting lots of spam about various units being removed by the
> > compiler for various reasons.
>
> > More importantly, the compiler actually falls over with a
> > NoSuchMethodError (which I've reported to GWT as well since that seems
> > a rather bad thing to have happen regardless of what 3rd party libs
> > are doing). Removing Rocket from my code solves the compilation
> > problem (but obviously I'd like to use Rocket).
>
> > GWT forum thread here:http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/threa...

Michael Zafiris

Sep 8, 2008, 8:20:07 AM9/8/08
to rocket-gwt
Hi Miroslav,

Let me first say that I am a huge fun of your work and I am including
your libraries in all of my GWT projects.
I have encoutered exactly the same issue Steve has reported with the
version 1.5.2.
The stacktrace posted here:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/fd8adafc1bb19e25
is very similar to what I get.
I can't help but wonder whether there is a way to decouple the
generator part of your IOC from the specific GWT compiler
implementations.
Do you have an estimate on when this will be fixed?
Also I would like to contribute to the codebase if possible. I have
made an enhanced version of the client-logging support which adds some
fancy stuff similar to those the gwt-log has. I am levereging your
loggers hierarchy model and I have added a coloured logger living in a
popup you can use if you want to see the client-side messages without
firebug.

Best Regards

On Aug 31, 11:16 pm, Miroslav Pokorny <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I haven't tried the latest 152 release of gwt but I did make slight
> changes to some of the compiler classes . If u can provide more
> feedback or context that would help me check it out .
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 01/09/2008, at 2:15 AM, Steve Storey <ssto...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm getting lots of spam about various units being removed by the
> > compiler for various reasons.
>
> > More importantly, the compiler actually falls over with a
> > NoSuchMethodError (which I've reported to GWT as well since that seems
> > a rather bad thing to have happen regardless of what 3rd party libs
> > are doing). Removing Rocket from my code solves the compilation
> > problem (but obviously I'd like to use Rocket).
>
> > GWT forum thread here:http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/threa...

mP

Sep 8, 2008, 9:19:56 AM9/8/08
to rocket-gwt
Hi try the new download (0.55) it should work with 1.5.2

On 8 Sep, 22:20, Michael Zafiris <zafiris.mich...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Miroslav,
>
> Let me first say that I am a huge fun of your work and I am including
> your libraries in all of my GWT projects.
> I have encoutered exactly the same issue Steve has reported with the
> version 1.5.2.
> The stacktrace posted here:http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/threa...

Michael Zafiris

Sep 9, 2008, 6:29:01 AM9/9/08
to rocket-gwt
Hi Miroslav,

I am trying to use GWT 1.5.2 with rocket-gwt-0.55. and I am getting
the following stacktrace.
Any ideas?
Also, any plan to deploy this fantastic library on the Maven central
repository? People would then be able to use it more easily.

Compiling Java source files in module
'com.yourStrings.gwt.HostedDevelopment'
Removing units with errors
Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/rocket-gwt/
rocket-gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/
TextArea.java'
Line 84: The method getTextAreaSelectionLength(Element) is
undefined for the type TextBoxImpl
Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/rocket-gwt/
rocket-gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/util/client/
StackTrace.java'
Line 359: The constructor StackTraceElement(String, String,
String, int) is undefined
Removing invalidated units
Compilation unit 'jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/
rocket-gwt/rocket-gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/
FormPanel.java' is removed due to invalid reference(s):
jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/rocket-gwt/rocket-
gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/TextArea.java
Compilation unit 'jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/
rocket-gwt/rocket-gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/
HtmlTemplateFactoryImpl.java' is removed due to invalid reference(s):
jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/rocket-gwt/rocket-
gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/TextArea.java
Compilation unit 'jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/
rocket-gwt/rocket-gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/
FormSubmitEvent.java' is removed due to invalid reference(s):
jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/rocket-gwt/rocket-
gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/FormPanel.java
Compilation unit 'jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/
rocket-gwt/rocket-gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/
FormSubmitCompleteEvent.java' is removed due to invalid reference(s):
jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/rocket-gwt/rocket-
gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/FormPanel.java
Compilation unit 'jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/
rocket-gwt/rocket-gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/
FormHandlerCollection.java' is removed due to invalid reference(s):
jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/rocket-gwt/rocket-
gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/FormPanel.java
Compilation unit 'jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/
rocket-gwt/rocket-gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/
FormHandler.java' is removed due to invalid reference(s):
jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/rocket-gwt/rocket-
gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/
FormSubmitEvent.java
jar:file:/C:/m2repository/com/google/code/rocket-gwt/rocket-
gwt/0.55/rocket-gwt-0.55.jar!/rocket/widget/client/
FormSubmitCompleteEvent.java

Stefan Ålund

Sep 9, 2008, 7:59:06 AM9/9/08
to rocke...@googlegroups.com
Works now...thanks for the quick reply/fix (as always)!

-Stefan

mP

Sep 11, 2008, 9:15:47 AM9/11/08
to rocket-gwt