Which Rockbox version to start the port

Casainho

Dec 1, 2010, 5:35:35 AM12/1/10
to rockboxplayer
Bob, current stable version of Rockbox is: Rockbox 3.7.1. What version
should we use to port Rocbox? And should we commit our port including
Rockbox port to lyre SVN?

casainho> hello
<casainho> I am looking to start porting Rockbox for a new target
<casainho> what version should I use, the latest stable version 3.7.1?
<n1s> casainho: working with the trunk is probably best
<casainho> n1s: why?
<casainho> n1s: last time I did that, I just saw many changes while I
were trying to make the patches...
<n1s> because the 3.7 branch is a release branch that will continue
diverging from trunk so if you port it, merging your port with thrunk
will be more work
<casainho> ok
<n1s> well, as i see it you can either stick to a rev and work on
that and merge it all when you have something that works or keep up to
date
<casainho> but that also means I will need to keep updated with all
changes done on trunk, daily basis? isn't that more work to me?
<casainho> n1s: ah, ok
<n1s> you don't have to, you can stick to say a revision from today
<casainho> I will then ask to other developer what he thinks about this
<casainho> thanks!