target/arm/imx233 ??

Casainho

Dec 2, 2010, 4:36:13 PM12/2/10
to rockboxplayer
Hello everyone :-)

1. I commited Rockbox SVN to our SVN at lyre sourceforge. We can now
start the port.

2. I also designed today a basic part of plastic enclosure to be 3D
printed. I used FreeCAD, a parametric CAD. Now, will be much more easy
and quick to do changes and get the results without the need to redo
everything. Read more here:
http://lyre.sourceforge.net/?q=content/lyre-enclosure-designed-freecad-open-source-parametric-cad

3. I started to look on Rockbox source tree and I found there an imx31
target - I don't know if we should merge imx233 and imx31... I asked
on IRC:

casainho> hello
<casainho> I am starting to port Rockbox for a target which uses ARM i.MX233
<casainho> there is already imx31 on Rockbox tree
<casainho> shuld I merge both?
<Torne> if they are similar devices, yes
<Torne> otehrwise no
<pamaury> I fear imx23 and imx31 are completely different
<n1s> yes, the imx23 is a rebranded sigmatel, right?
<pamaury> casainho: which target ?
<casainho> pamaury: this one:
http://lyre.sourceforge.net/?q=content/lyre-protoype-finished
<pamaury> ah, that's the lyre project
<casainho> n1s: yes!

--
Cumprimentos,
Jorge Pinto

Bob

Dec 4, 2010, 8:01:50 AM12/4/10
to rockboxplayer
> 3. I started to look on Rockbox source tree and I found there an imx31
> target - I don't know if we should merge imx233 and imx31... I asked
> on IRC:

The imx233 is a ARM926 core, so not very similar to imx31 which is
ARM11. The Rockbox source tree is a mess, but since there is an arm/
imx31 logically we should probably use arm/imx233/lyre_v2

We should find some reuse with ARM926, it's a popular variant, and
maybe the Fuze+, but I don't know where the Fuze+ fits in the source
tree.