Lyre IO board

1 view

Bob

Jul 28, 2010, 4:09:48 PM7/28/10
to rockboxplayer
Hi all,

I uploaded a new version of the Lyre IO board to the Lyre SVN.

I realised only some of the GPIOs have internal pullups available, so
need to add some external pullups. The use of GPIOs seems restrictive,
with the special function blocks still connected to the input side of
IO pins even when programmed for GPIO. That seems like a design flaw.

I think I have picked a set that don't clash with other functions. I
would like to use SSP2 D4-D7, as we are only using 4 bit mode on the
SSP and those pins have internal pullups, but I wasn't sure if they
would cause a problem with SD access.

I've placed a power switch on the front panel at lower centre, I
couldn't find any better places where one would easily fit.

Casainho

Jul 28, 2010, 4:53:30 PM7/28/10
to rockbo...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Bob <bobcou...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I uploaded a new version of the Lyre IO board to the Lyre SVN.

Nice.

Right now I am working on my CNC auto Z probe and adjust -- I have some good results but I need much more work. Maybe 2 more days?

As for inkjet print head, there is one developer at RepRap prototyping his own inkject head! I love this actual times :-)

http://reprap.org/wiki/Scratchbuilt_Peizo_Printhead

Casainho

Jul 29, 2010, 5:52:55 PM7/29/10
to rockbo...@googlegroups.com
Finally I got my CNC working, doing automatically Z probing before start milling. And I found my CNC is not so good as I expected...

I am sending pictures of trying milling a 0.5mm pitch LQFP.

I hope tomorrow to mill the Lyre IO board. I will try to make all the tracks with 0.4mm so there is no problem with my CNC.

I am afraid I will not be able to do a double layer PCB very well...
cnc_z_probing-02.jpg
cnc_z_probing-01.jpg