Speaking of health violations...

James Sweet

Sep 10, 2013, 1:00:50 PM9/10/13
to Rochester Wiki
Woah, this is ridiculously comprehensive...

http://rocdocs.democratandchronicle.com/map/restaurant-inspections

I'm not sure if this has relevance to RW or not.  If we wanted to really piss off almost every restaurant owner in the city, you could automatically add a link to the inspection data for each restaurant in the header, hahaha...  As far as dealing with the occasional comment that mentions possible health issues, would people be allowed to link here?

I dunno, like I say, maybe there is no relevance.

Ryan Tucker

Sep 10, 2013, 1:23:30 PM9/10/13
to James Sweet, Rochester Wiki
My main concern about linking to it is purely technical: there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to link to a particular restaurant.  RocDocs is, essentially, a self-contained application.

Aside from that, I don't see a huge problem with linking to the data, as long as it's linking to the "latest" record and not a specific/old inspection.  Also, as long as it's done neutrally and not specifically targeted at a particular establishment.

Putting the raw data into context is something of a challenge, though.  -rt

For options, view full headers. See also http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterwiki
---

Ryan Tucker <rtu...@gmail.com>

James Sweet

Sep 10, 2013, 1:46:05 PM9/10/13
to Ryan Tucker, Rochester Wiki
Good point.  I poked around in the Javascript, and there doesn't appear to be a simple hack either.  Nevermind!