Another ad on the events page ...

Jason Olshefsky

Jan 6, 2014, 9:59:13 AM1/6/14
to roches...@googlegroups.com
"TGIF! Get Your Caffeine Fix on Friday with FREE coffee from Hess Express" on Friday, January 10.

Shall I give up pointing these out? The last time a HESS ad came up, there was some debate about whether it was valid.

In my opinion, the events page is there to answer the question, "what is there to do in town?" Getting free coffee is not an "event" like (using other examples) a request for auditions, spa treatments, or the performances of a musical. I'm not sure where the line-in-the-sand should be, but I think concepts like interactive, social, and amateur are criteria that can be used to indicate a more event-like "event". Then again, I realize I'm a relic from an age where human beings sought out in-person interaction, and we knew the difference between our neighbor's handmade tools and crap from China.

---Jason Olshefsky

Damian Kumor

Jan 6, 2014, 10:03:27 AM1/6/14
to Jason Olshefsky, Rochester Wiki
I saw when they posted it, and I thought that it was worth putting up.

For options, view full headers. See also http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterwiki
---