Wiki not working

Eileen Fay

Nov 13, 2014, 8:08:50 AM11/13/14
to Rochester Wiki
Won't let me edit. I keep getting that "trackback" sycamore page.

How's the migration going? We really need to have another meeting.

Pete B

Nov 13, 2014, 3:29:50 PM11/13/14
to Eileen Fay, Rochester Wiki
Try logging in/out.

As to a meeting...I can only do sundays. I'm working mandatory OT until January

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Eileen Fay <elfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Won't let me edit. I keep getting that "trackback" sycamore page.

How's the migration going? We really need to have another meeting.

For options, view full headers. See also http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterwiki
---

Damian Kumor

Nov 13, 2014, 3:31:18 PM11/13/14
to Pete B, Eileen Fay, Rochester Wiki
Had twins, no free time anymore.  Maybe in a few months I'll have some though.

Eileen Fay

Nov 13, 2014, 6:31:07 PM11/13/14
to Damian Kumor, Pete B, Rochester Wiki
Still not working.

Ryan Tucker

Nov 13, 2014, 8:51:24 PM11/13/14
to Eileen Fay, Damian Kumor, Pete B, Rochester Wiki
Rebooted the server, seems OK now.

No news on the migration -- looks like LocalWiki is moving to a hosted
model, which is not a path I'm willing to take, but obviously still
open-source so we could run it ourselves. Volunteers welcome.

--
Ryan Tucker
rtu...@ryantucker.us

EileenF

Dec 22, 2014, 6:30:21 PM12/22/14
to roches...@googlegroups.com
It's doing it again for the past several days. Here's the message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/rocwiki/sycamore/Sycamore/request.py", line 739, in run
    self.config.page_front_page).page_name, self)
  File "/home/rocwiki/sycamore/Sycamore/wikiaction.py", line 1183, in do_savepage
    comment=comment)
  File "/home/rocwiki/sycamore/Sycamore/PageEditor.py", line 810, in saveText
    search.add_to_index(self)
  File "/home/rocwiki/sycamore/Sycamore/search.py", line 761, in add_to_index
    index(page, db_location=db_location, text_db=text_db, title_db=title_db)
  File "/home/rocwiki/sycamore/Sycamore/search.py", line 776, in index
    xapian.DB_CREATE_OR_OPEN)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xapian/__init__.py", line 4298, in __init__
    _xapian.WritableDatabase_swiginit(self,_xapian.new_WritableDatabase(*args))
DatabaseLockError: Unable to get write lock on /home/rocwiki/sycamore/share/data/search/title: Couldn't fork: Cannot allocate memory

Ryan Tucker

Dec 22, 2014, 8:31:39 PM12/22/14
to roches...@googlegroups.com
Ah, Xapian.

Just gave it a reboot, should be OK again (for now)...

--
Ryan Tucker

Jeff Wigal

Apr 20, 2015, 8:26:26 PM4/20/15
to roches...@googlegroups.com
Seems to be needing a reboot again, same error message
"Couldn't fork: Cannot allocate memory"

Thanks!

Ryan Tucker

Apr 20, 2015, 8:48:53 PM4/20/15
to roches...@googlegroups.com
Maybe I should put this on my calendar as a recurring appointment.  :-)

Going to apply some quick updates and will reboot in a minute or two...